Learn the basics of recording, processing, and mixing audio using Ableton Live software. This robust and innovative digital audio workstation opens your way to a musical toolkit used by musicians, performers, and producers worldwide. Audio Production Basics with Ableton Live will guide you through the essential audio production tasks you’ll use to make the most of your Live software. The exercises in this book can be completed in any edition of Ableton Live, allowing you to get hands-on practice with Live’s creative tools.
With this book and the included online media files, you’ll get working experience using Ableton Live, covering everything from setting up your computer to the fundamentals of audio production, including:
- Basic digital audio workstation operations and audio hardware options
- Principles of sound production and microphone use
- Essential Live concepts and operations
- MIDI fundamentals for playing and recording virtual instruments
- Working in the Arrangement View and the Session View
- Managing devices and routing signals in Live
- Using automation to create dynamic changes to audio
- Mixing your projects and exporting final mixed tracks
Ableton Live is easy to set up, flexible, and fun to use. And everything you learn here will apply when you are ready to move on to more advanced study in audio production. Take a step to unleash your musical inspiration and creativity with Audio Production Basics with Ableton Live.